“Organizations with a positive safety culture are characterized by communications founded on mutual trust, by shared perceptions of the importance of safety and by confidence in the efficacy of preventive measures.”
At Elion, we believe in nurturing a strong safety culture and we put our continuous effort to provide our clients with a safe working environment.
We offer a comprehensive health, safety, environmental and risk management consultancy services for commercial buildings, manufacturing units, large industrial plants and office premises.
Elion has the capacity to present a powerful blend of technical, operational and business know-how integrated with sector-specific regulatory and risk management skills. Our experience is available to support our client's ongoing safe and sustainable operation throughout the production cycle.
Our consultants have extensive experience and technical expertise that is highly valued across the industries. At Elion, we don’t just practice and deliver health and safety services for clients, we also provide them with highly relevant and up-to-date education and training.
Our Service Include
Electrical Safety Audit
Fire Safety Audits
We examine all facilities and activities of an organization from the angle of safety, assess the current level of prevention, protection and emergency management preparedness and subsequently prepare an action plan to upgrade safety inputs to avert mishaps and limit consequences.
The main objective of safety audit is to carry out a systematic, critical appraisal of all potential hazards involving personnel, plant, services and operation method; and to ensure that Safety and Health system fully satisfy the legal requirements.
Depending on the requirements of the organizations, the audit can focus attention on the following aspects of a safety system:
• Safety Management systems.
• Fire and Explosion prevention, protection and emergency management.
• Work injury prevention.
• Health hazards control.
• Evaluating emergency plan if already available.
Our Methodology for Safety Audit
After the objectives of the study are accepted next step would be collection of information. A detailed description of type of data that need to be collected is sent on acceptance of this proposal.
After analyzing the information by the audit team members, a schedule is prepared, post discussions with the factory management. Site study will be undertaken on mutual convenience and during the audit an attempt will be made by the auditors to identify the activities that can lead to major fires, explosions and toxic releases which will have both onsite and off site consequences.
After the site study a preliminary report is prepared and submitted with in 2 weeks and a final report is submitted within the agreed time frame.
Benefits of Safety Audit are:
• Identifies loss producing events.
• Assess the potential losses associated with the risk.
• Identifies measures to minimize the losses.
• Identifies system deficiencies
Fire Safety Audits
Fire in any occupancy has potential to cause severe damages to both life and property. Fire Safety audit is found to be the effective tool for assessing fire safety standards of occupancy. It helps the owners to identify the areas for improvement and evolve an action plan, in addition to emergency preparedness and mock drills.
The main focus of these safety audits is:
- Identification & control of ignition sources in areas where flammable chemicals are stored / handled / transferred.
- Review of chemical compatibility in storage areas and to suggest appropriate fire loss control measures
- Review of electrical hazard which are potential of fire
- Review of fire detection measures adopted in the plant & to suggest suitable improvement measures
- Review of the various active (fire hydrant, sprinkler, portable fire extinguishers) and passive fire protection requirements for chemical storage and handling areas and to suggest improvements as necessary
- Review of Fire Alarm system and emergency fire system of plant
- Review of contractor safety awareness (chemical spill, fire fighting, emergency communication, knowledge of plant hazards & safety regulations) and to recommend suitable improvement measures to enhance contractor safety
- Review of safety awareness and safety training requirements (training identification and efficacy) of plant employees with respect to hazards present in the plant
Electrical Safety Audit
Over 20% of fire world wide and 40% fire in India are due to faulty electric circuits. Electricity hazard continue to threaten safety of people and property in the form of shocks, burns, injury, fire and explosion. With electricity having become an indispensable part of our life, electrical risks are to be managed effectively.
In process industries, fires due to electrical reasons are very probable, especially in industries that handle flammable chemicals. In service industries such as information technology, telecommunications, business interruption losses due to electrical hazards (fire in server room, damage of expensive communication equipment, loss of data, fire in cable gallery, etc.) could be substantial.
Typical scope of study
- Verification of statutory compliance with respect to Indian Electricity rules
- Physical inspection to identify electrical hazards (shock, fire, explosion, overloading) and to suggest electrical safety solutions
- Review of plant lightning protection system (need, adequacy, installation and maintenance)
- Review of static electricity hazards in the plant operations (if applicable)
- Review of hazardous area classification and selection of flameproof electrical equipment in the plant, including maintenance aspects (if applicable)
- Review of electrical preventive maintenance system (including tests, documentation, history cards, etc).
- Review of electrical accidents and near misses in the plant to identify the root causes
- Review of electrical systems & procedures (work permits, interlocks, lockout tags, etc).
- Review of the importance given to electrical safety in the company safety policy, safety committee, continuous electrical risk identification, etc.
- Assessing the integrity of insulation of cables by carrying out insulation resistance tests on a sample basis
- Review of the earthing system (installation & maintenance aspects), including sample earth resistance tests
- To identify areas of overloading by carrying out load current measurements and compared against cable current carrying capacity calculation
- Hotspot detection using infra-red hot spot detection equipment/ thermal imaging (as necessary)
- Pre-Audit Questionnaire
- Physical Inspection
- Document review
- Management Briefing
- Final Report Submission
We carry out on site safety training programs for complete awareness of people. Our safety trainings are customized as per the client’s process requirements. The main topics covered in our safety program as follow:
- Behavior-Based Safety Training
- First Aid Training
- Chemical / Hazard Communication Training
- Confined Spaces / Rope Rescue Training
- Construction Safety Training
- Driver Training
- Electrical Safety Training
- Environmental Training
- Ergonomics Training
- Fall Protection Training
- Fire Safety / Emergency Training
- Forklift / Crane Safety Training
- General Compliance Training
- General Workplace Health and Safety Training
- Hazardous Materials Training
- HAZWOPER Training
- Lockout-Tagout Safety Training
- Machine, Power and Hand Tool Safety Training
- Maritime Safety Training
- People-Based SafetyTraining
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Training
- Pro-Active Safety Attitudes Training
- Process Safety Management Training
- Respiratory Protection Training
- Safety Meetings Training
- Substance Abuse Training
- Supervisor Training
These trainings are carried out for all level from top management to work- men. We help to develop culture of safety within the organization.
Likes us at facebook.com/eliontech for free updates on safety
|Last Updated on Thursday, 28 June 2012 14:54|