“Organizations with a positive safety culture are characterized by communications founded on mutual trust, by shared perceptions of the importance of safety and by confidence in the efficacy of preventive measures.”
At Elion, we believe in nurturing a strong safety culture and we put our continuous effort to provide our clients with a safe working environment.
We offer a comprehensive health, safety, environmental and risk management consultancy services for commercial buildings, construction site, banks, warehouses, manufacturing units, small medium and large industrial plants and office premises.With team across India we are leading safety audit company carrying out for your all locations.
Elion Safety Audit Consultants have extensive experience and technical expertise that is highly valued across the industries. At Elion, we don’t just practice and deliver health and safety services for clients, we also provide them with highly relevant and up-to-date education and training.
Our Service Include
- Safety Audit
- Electrical Safety Audit
- Fire Safety Audits
- Risk Assesment & HAZOP Study
- Safety Training
You can be a large or small organization. You can be high hazard or low risk. But every organization needs to make sure that it follows good health, safety and environmental practices. We examine all facilities and activities of an organization from the angle of safety, assess the current level of prevention, protection and emergency management preparedness and subsequently prepare an action plan to upgrade safety inputs to avert mishaps and limit consequences.
The main objective of safety audit is to carry out a systematic, critical appraisal of all potential hazards involving personnel, plant, services and operation method and to ensure that Safety and Health system fully satisfy the legal requirements as well as employees feel safe to work in the organization. Expertise Safety Auditor of Elion Teams carry out safety audit as per ‘The Code of Practice’ on Occupational Safety & Health ‘Indian Standard – 14489:1998, OSHAS: 18000, EMS: 14000& NBC 2005 and other national and international standard applicable for particular industry.
Depending on the requirements of the organizations, the audit can focus attention on the following aspects of a safety system:
After analyzing the information by the audit team members, a schedule is prepared, post discussions with the faculty management. Site study will be undertaken on mutual convenience and during the audit an attempt will be made by the auditors to identify the activities and hazards in the plant which are unsafe.The safety inspections would cover all the physical parts of the premises, as well as documentation on-site.
After the site study a preliminary report is prepared and submitted which includes Observations made and Hazards identified along with remedial measures to over come those hazard. Final report is submitted after approval of preliminary report.
Benefits of Safety Audit are:
It will also contribute to your compliance strategy going forward, which in turn will assist you in providing a safe working environment, ensuring reduced exposure to criminal prosecution and civil claims, and reduced administration costs associated with legislative compliance.
Fire Safety Audits
Fire in any occupancy has potential to cause severe damages to both life and property. Fire Safety audit is found to be the effective tool for assessing fire safety standards of occupancy. It helps the owners to identify the areas for improvement and evolve an action plan, in addition to emergency preparedness and mock drills.
Elion fire safety consultant are carrying out regular Fire Safety Audits for High Rise Buildings,Hotels,Banks,Small,Medium and Large Scale Industries and more. Our team carries out fire safety audit as per various IS standards like Standard for automatic fire detection and alarm system,Code of practice for selection, installation and maintenance of first aid fire extinguishers,National Building Code, 2005,Code of practice for fire safety of buildings and all the other relevant safety standards to identify all hazards for taking corrective & preventive actions.We also help you to prepare emergency plans for fire safety and conduct mock drills.
The main focus of these fire safety audits is:
- Identification & control of ignition sources in areas where flammable chemicals are stored / handled / transferred.
- Review of chemical compatibility in storage areas and to suggest appropriate fire loss control measures
- Review of electrical hazard which are potential of fire
- Review of fire detection measures adopted in the & to suggest suitable improvement measures
- Review of the various active (fire hydrant, sprinkler, portable fire extinguishers) and passive fire protection requirements for chemical storage and handling areas and to suggest improvements as necessary
- Review of Fire Alarm system and emergency fire system of plant
- Review of contractor safety awareness (chemical spill, fire fighting, emergency communication, knowledge of plant hazards & safety regulations) and to recommend suitable improvement measures to enhance contractor safety
- Review of safety awareness and safety training requirements (training identification and efficacy) of employees with respect to hazards present
Electrical Safety Audit
Over 20% of fire world wide and 40% fire in India are due to faulty electric circuits. Electricity hazard continue to threaten safety of people and property in the form of shocks, burns, injury, fire and explosion. With electricity having become an indispensable part of our life, electrical risks are to be managed effectively.
In process industries, fires due to electrical reasons are very probable, especially in industries that handle flammable chemicals. In service industries such as information technology, telecommunications, business interruption losses due to electrical hazards (fire in server room, damage of expensive communication equipment, loss of data, fire in cable gallery, etc.) could be substantial.
Elion team carry out electrical safety audit in a systematic procedure to evaluate potential electrical hazards, and recommends measures to minimise/prevent these hazards (i.e. electrical shocks, electrical arcs, and electrical blasts). Our electrical safety audit study is a loss prevention program - property/production loss (e.g. electrical fire hazards) and loss of life/injuries to personnel.
Typical scope of study
- Verification of statutory compliance with respect to Indian Electricity rules
- Physical inspection to identify electrical hazards (shock, fire, explosion, overloading) and to suggest electrical safety solutions
- Review of plant lightning protection system (need, adequacy, installation and maintenance)
- Review of static electricity hazards in the plant operations (if applicable)
- Review of hazardous area classification and selection of flameproof electrical equipment in the plant, including maintenance aspects (if applicable)
- Review of electrical preventive maintenance system (including tests, documentation, history cards, etc).
- Review of electrical accidents and near misses in the plant to identify the root causes
- Review of electrical systems & procedures (work permits, interlocks, lockout tags, etc).
- Review of the importance given to electrical safety in the company safety policy, safety committee, continuous electrical risk identification, etc.
- Assessing the integrity of insulation of cables by carrying out insulation resistance tests on a sample basis
- Review of the earthing system (installation & maintenance aspects), including sample earth resistance tests
- To identify areas of overloading by carrying out load current measurements and compared against cable current carrying capacity calculation
- Hotspot detection using infra-red hot spot detection equipment/ thermal imaging (as necessary)
Risk Assesment & HAZOP Study
Any industry needs to identify the potential Hazards and operability problems caused by ‘deviations from the design intent’ to priorities control measures for managing risks. Periodic Risk Assessment and Hazop Study allow systematic review of organization’s safety management system to get idea about the status of safety management system and to take suitable corrective measures to reduce level of risks. Our risk assessment gives you peace of mind as you know you are complying with the law, you know that your staff are trained, you know that you have done everything reasonably practicable to protect staff (and others) and you have written that down.
Elion risk assessment study help you to run your business safely, reduce the risk of accidents, improve morale, enhance your safety culture and have a direct positive effect on your bottom line. By identifying what activities, substances, machinery, etc could cause harm and who to, you can then decide if you are doing enough to control that harm. Sometimes it may mean removing the harm completely, such as noxious fumes, other times it may mean a combination of guards, safe systems, training and protective equipment, such as when using machinery.
Elion has carried out various Hazop studies, Risk Analysis, Risk Assessment and safety audits as per the requirements of National/ International standards.
We carry out on site safety training programs for complete awareness of people. Our safety trainings are customized as per the client’s process requirements. The main topics covered in our safety program as follow:
- Behavior-Based Safety Training
- First Aid Training
- Chemical / Hazard Communication Training
- Confined Spaces / Rope Rescue Training
- Construction Safety Training
- Driver Training
- Electrical Safety Training
- Environmental Training
- Ergonomics Training
- Fall Protection Training
- Fire Safety / Emergency Training
- Forklift / Crane Safety Training
- General Compliance Training
- General Workplace Health and Safety Training
- Hazardous Materials Training
- HAZWOPER Training
- Lockout-Tagout Safety Training
- Machine, Power and Hand Tool Safety Training
- Maritime Safety Training
- People-Based SafetyTraining
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Training
- Pro-Active Safety Attitudes Training
- Process Safety Management Training
- Respiratory Protection Training
- Safety Meetings Training
- Substance Abuse Training
- Supervisor Training
These trainings are carried out for all level from top management to work- men. We help to develop culture of safety within the organization. Our Training program are industry specific and are carried out in English as well as local language like Hindi,Telgu,Tamil and Malyalam
Likes us at facebook.com/eliontech for free updates on safety or visit our safety audit blog at safetyaudit.in
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 11:57|